Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Week in Oz: Go Hard, Go Home

The week after I finished exams was amazing. I finished a week before most people and as others got done with their tests people were really keen to go out and have fun. I went to Family with a bunch of good friends on the Saturday that I finished my exams. We got out to the valley and the train had been delayed a bit so we were running down Brunswick Street to get to the door by 10pm to get the discount for the cover charge. It was a busy night and we were running in between people and jumping over homeless sleeping guys, it really was an obstacle course. We made it there in time and got stamped and then went on our ritual stop to the RG. Went back over to Family about 11:30 and after a brief hiccup at the door with security not being completely satisfied with my state of sobriety, I got in about 12. It was such a fun night, danced the whole time and everything was super good except having to deal with some slight wardrobe malfunctions with my shirt, but its all good haha. We got kicked out at 5am, they turned the lights on and it was pretty anti-climactic. We got a cab back and went and hung out on the oval some more til 6 or so. Most everyone passed out after that, but I went and hung out with Tom on my floor for awhile until breakfast. He had been up all night studying, we went down to breakfast together and then I went to sleep. Was a long night, definitely lots of fun.

I took Sunday and Monday night off, and then Tuesday was Dunder night! Really fun time, it was ladies night when they have a male stripper that comes in all dressed up like a firefighter. It's always hilarious, he just straight up humiliates all the girls he pulls up to dance with him. They were playing really great music after that too, all the good club tracks, Presets, that uptown/downtown song, all the good danceable ones. We had coordinated dance moves and were just having a great night. After we got home, I went up to the roof with Zara and Tom and hung out there for awhile. We saw a bird come up and sit on the ledge right in front of us, and it had a huge dead toad in its beak, it freaked us out and we thought it was a satanic omen. We also put on the salmon dance on my ipod and sang all the different parts a capella, I was way too amused by it, thought it was the funniest thing ever (check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVu2cX0jEYk if you dont know what I'm talking about). Zara was doing the dance and I just couldn’t stop laughing. Made it to bed around breakfast time again, really been having some late nights. Had a quiet night Wednesday and then the last Thursday out with college forever was at UJs! Was a really fun time, good way to finish off the nights of going out in massive groups and invading clubs/bars. I will definitely miss that.

The night before we all got kicked out of college we had an awesome time out on the oval. I had some Passion Pop, so classy, its like fake champagne mixed with sugar, $5 a bottle which is quite affordable. We ran around kicking the semi-flat soccer ball and just hung out. It was much better than going out, I was happy to just get to hang out with everyone for the last time. We went and get kebabs later on, and then we dragged all our mattresses into the hallway and everyone slept out there. Saying goodbye the next day was definitely not my favorite thing to do. Got a ride to the airport with some friends Cam and Lindsay, was really nice of him to drive. I got on the plane and was asleep instantly, never been so sleep deprived in my life. I didn’t even feel us take off, I was pretty much passed out until we landed. Such a great week though, definitely worth being sleepy for a couple days, was a good note to leave the country on.

Pix: first 3 are from Dunder/Down Under Bar, Tom and I being such high rollers at the bar, and the dancing coordination effort in the second one. Third is the stripper guy assaulting some poor girl. Last one is from Family with Mitch's mad camera skills from the upper level

No comments: