Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Merging Blogs

Hey all,

So I had another blog for a minute, but really didn't really go anywhere with it. I have some more things to post now, and I have decided that everything will be on this site. This is mostly because of the address. I pretty much have everything I do with an address on the internet under 'ampoda' now (email, facebook, this blog, and twitter as of today... what is my life coming to?). It's just easier.

So now, this blog is branching out and will be about life in general and not just Austraila. Posts will probably be random thoughts I have, interesting things going on in my life, music I think is cool and want to share with the world, and funny or stupid things I find on the web. I hope you enjoy it!

First recommendation: I really have been enjoying the Idealism album by Digitalism, it's a few years old but I just stumbled across it. I've had the songs "The Pulse", "I Want I Want", and "Apollo-Gize" on constant rotation, they sound pretty different, but the composition of all of them is just elaborately beautiful. I recently took a MIDI sound class and learned the basics of Logic (sound editing/composition application), and it has definitely given me a newfound appreciation for electronic music. These songs use a lot of the tools I have learned about in the app, and I'm hoping to create something similarly awesome in the future.

Here's the links to the songs on youtube, not the best quality but what can you do:

The Pulse - lots of arpegiators

I Want I Want - more of a verse/chorus/verse song feel, driving rhythm

Apollo-Gize - beautiful chilled out song that's put together really well

No comments: